The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VSCC Prescott Long Course, Saturday 26th September
An interesting day at Prescott Hill Climb in the Cotswolds today.  No spectators present but live results on resultsman live timing website and Prescott are streaming live video on their facebook page.
Several interesting Austin 7's taking part including Slippery Anne's first serious outing.  Simplicity is there together with Julia Wolstenholme in her EA Ulster, an original car brought back from Canada.   Forum regulars Charles Ping and Steve Jones also there, Steve having an inter-family battle with grandson Dan Hunter.
Interesting malcolm.

I thought they might have tried a limited spectator approach same as Mallory.

But thinking about it, it was alot easier separating the paddock from spectators at mallory. Than it is at Prescott.

Enjoy it.

Tony.
Live now, third runs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dEB_GRf1I
Fun day out and I drove the car back on to the trailer at the end of the day; always the sign of a decent day out.
Seemed odd that I could walk across the paddock and not be distracted into conversation all the time.
However, friends watching the livestream on YouTube said that they saw a lot more motor sport than at a normal VSCC type event .

C
Gloucestershire must be in a different time zone, just thuoght I'd try the youtube suggested, and cars are still going up the hill. Difficult times indeed as attempts are made to work out what on earth what is meant to be allowed, or not. Last weekend spectators allowed at Shelsley, entry after our temperatures checked, whereas the original proposal for limited numbers at Prescott, tickets allocated by ballot to BOC and VSCC members was abandoned. Having read about Slippery Anne on the forum, interesting to see the machine in action. Will there be reports from messrs Jones, Ping and others in due course?
Brilliant day. We thought about fixing our phones to the steering wheels so we could watch ourselves as we drove up the hill!! Strange without spectators but Prescott needed the local authorities permission and they said no following the changes to rules earlier in the week. No nasties with the Sevens and Slippery Anne looked great.

Oh, and I did a PB- just!

Steve
Fantastic footage, great idea for those of us who couldn’t attend.

Patrick Blakey Edward’s Frazer Nash Super Sports was superb entertainment!
Great to see. William Marsh was very quick - what sort of spec dictated?