The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bunch of bananas exhaust manifolds
Photo 
Hi all.

I am starting a new batch of manifolds if anyone is looking for one. The current price is £230 + P&P (UK is £12). Please PM or email me on rally200022@yahoo.co.uk

Stuart Palmer

Attached Files
.jpg   89886404_3596276353777202_8358930368690126848_n.jpg (Size: 8.59 KB / Downloads: 402)
To answer frequently asked questions.

The manifold fits inside the bodywork.
The outlet is on the normal line of the front pipe.
They are short enough to allow a sensible bend in the front pipe and for it to then clear the radius arm.
They can be used with a side draft SU on an ALR type inlet manifold (but its quite tight)
Semi DD or full Down draft carb would be my choice.
No they are not "tuned length".
A standard front pipe car be modified to fit with two cuts and sleeves.
They have been well tested over a number of years, in both road and trials use.
I have one of Stuart's manifolds on my Trials Chummy and can thoroughly recommend them.

Steve
Presumably the central manifold stud has to be removed to fit? Also how does it impact accessing the valves and fuel pump? I've been pondering such a manifold as bolt-on method of improving hill climbing ability on my Box Saloon.
For pretty much any 'performance' manifold you need to remove the center stud and blank off the hole in the block. Yes, they do make access to the valves more difficult but how often do you need that?

Steve
Is the blanking required because the stud goes into a waterway?
Yes it does go into the water way. I usually put a spot of high temperature silicon on a piece of stud with a slot cut in the end. The theory being, it might come out with a screw driver if required, then again, it might not.

Thank you for the endorsement Steve, yours has been well tested now!
I once blanked off the center hole by screwing in an old stud treated with stud lock and cutting it off flush. The block then went off for boring. When I collected it they said, triumphantly, that they'd drilled out the 'broken stud' , made an insert and reinstalled the 1/4 BSF thread. These days I use a grub screw that takes an Allen Key and fit it after I get it back!!

Steve