The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RN Saloon info (if any)

.jpg   CarNo.jpg (Size: 181.92 KB / Downloads: 614) I recently aquired a late 1932 RN saloon.  It appears it may have found it's  way to Australia as either a Barn Find or Basket Case somewhere in the Nineties.  I have a pre restoration photo showing a registration number KJ 9183.  There is a dash plate "BS Gelston & Co LTD Dartford. It was restored in the Nineties and has passed through several owners since.  The vehicle is still in quite good nick.  Would anyone on here have any idea if the registration number is from the era ?

Attached Files
.jpg   DealerPlate.JPG (Size: 78.19 KB / Downloads: 612)
.jpg   RHlowDef.jpg (Size: 135.75 KB / Downloads: 614)
KJ9999 ended in November 1932; began in March 31. Kent!
Can you post the plate picture here for the benefit of others (and prewardealerships.wordpress.com) please?
KJ issued by Kent CC March 1931 - Nov 1932. Dartford is in Kent.

Info is at https://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/registra...etters.htm, but not always 100% correct!
The KJ registration series was issued in Kent between March 1931 and November 1932. The registration you quote appears to be right for the area and for a late 1932 RP.
RP late 1932 - Wouldn't that be an EARLY RP as I have an October '32 which is an RN, and not the last RN manufactured.
Have to work out how to post photos.  Vehicle has the same dash layout as a Ruby so I think it is a very early RP.   Seemed true with Austin even in the BMC years cut off for old and start of new was never clean.
The chassis number may help. You will find it on top of the left hand chassis member to the rear of the rear engine mount and close to where the bulkhead meets the chassis. (Just behind the fuel pipe clamp)

In addition, if the transmission tunnel cover is still the original, the Body Number (not the car number) should be stamped into the cover near to where it meets the gearbox. For example, mine, which is an early June 1933 RP, chassis 176617 has the body number RP 10454

The RP differs slightly from the RN in a number of respects. They were mentioned in another thread on here a bit back.
Bob 46320, Yes I think you are right.  I have a December 1932 registered RP.

.jpg   BodyOnTrailer.jpg (Size: 148.72 KB / Downloads: 593) Could not find Chassis Number on the  rail or the Tranny Cover. Posted photos in an edit of my original post

Attached Files
.jpg   Dash.JPG (Size: 165.66 KB / Downloads: 526)
The scuttle moulding suggests that it is a late RN saloon with possibly some of the RP features such as covered rear body seams.