The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
If you are interested in the possibility of purchasing it Jon, we are taking notes of interest for when the time comes, please do email us at:

info@albaaustins.co.uk
If I thought I could afford it I'd jump at the chance. It sounds as if you're both pleased with the project as well you should be.
It really ought to go to a short-*rse like me, 5'9" in me stocking feet, you're too tall for it Ruairidh!
I dream of being 5'9"!
(06-07-2022, 09:55 AM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: I dream of being 5'9"!

In this modern world you can just identify as 5'9" - its just a state of mind!!!

I had the pleasure of seeing this car last week, and the first thing that got me was how low it is. The quality of the finish and workmanship are very high, and there are so many details you cannot see or appreciatefully in the photos, iam sure there will always be someone poking there head into the cockpit or taking photos when its out and about. Not only did i get a look, i got a passenger experience to the end of the road and back via the petrol station, and i think its the closest i will ever get to being inside a "New Austin Seven" - Sitting in the passenger seat i could easily imagine using this car on a long trip, it would be ideal comfort for two on a long rally or endurance event, it has the sports thrill similar to my Cup Model, but comfort ive never experienced in a seven before, you sit low with your legs out in front, ample room for two adults and luggage space for a week or more.

If the funds allowed, It would have been taken home with me.
The coupe has been back at my workshop for a couple of days having adjustments to the door locks etc. Today I found time to enjoy driving it around the local lanes and villages. 

Just for comparison here is my Ulster bodied special. Same amount of headroom with the hood up. The coupe handles much better, presumably because of the longer wheelbase and the fact that everything is new. I do wonder if having a very rigid bodyshell helps too.

Looking the business Ruairidh!
Thank you very much for letting me have a drive in the Highland coupe at the centenary Ruairidh I can attest to the quality and detail of the build and that it goes as well as it looks! A very well conceived and executed project. Loved the detail, particularly the flask and glasses. Well done Ruairidh I love it. Great to chat. Hats off to all involved in the centenary we all had a ball. Thank you everyone. Phil
Thank you Phil, it was very nice to meet you all.
Thank you Ruairidh for letting me have a drive in such a fantastic car! It feels so taut and 'all together' and the sound of the engine is in keeping with the rest of it. I thought that such a low vehicle might feel a tad claustrophobic, but not at all - the light grey headlining was an inspired choice. Getting in & out was interesting - a sort of limbo dance move...!
This was passed on to me by Sandy Croal at the Centenary - I have only just got around to fitting it, to a temporary cap.