The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Bruce!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

.jpeg   0F4A01F3-E458-4EC3-826B-D5E9B0EBA404.jpeg (Size: 97.86 KB / Downloads: 747)

Here’s an MG Airline Coupe , low slung and definitely not dumpy.
I look forward to seeing Peter’s artwork

Regards

Bill G

Aka AllAlloyCup
Based near the Scottish Border,
(20-09-2020, 04:25 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Here’s an MG Airline Coupe , low slung and definitely not dumpy.
I look forward to seeing Peter’s artwork

Regards

Bill G

Aka AllAlloyCup

I agree entirely. I tried basing my design on this, but the MG's wheelbase is 6 1\2" longer than the Ruby, which with my limited drawing skills, was enough to throw out the proportions. I very much look forward to seeing the design for this project.

Jamie
Hard to beat our original Coupe'!

Beautiful, even with the added bling!
yes, but with LWB, lots more potential...
.jpg   lengthened coupe LWB.jpg (Size: 171.79 KB / Downloads: 583)
Although I am no artist or draughtsman, it occurs to me that, on a long chassis, and with the stance of an Ulster, a coupe along the lines of the PA Midget coupe shown earlier in Bill G's post would be quite achievable and look very pretty.
ok, so the thread is sports coupe. sorry for my mystake on saloon.

lowering the springs is only one part of a sports car. 

but all of the pictures apart from the MG, are coupes or a van. nothing sports about them as far as i can see, as i dont class a long bonnet on its own a sports body.

im sure peter and R with there skills are going to amaze us with a sporty coupe. and an interesting thread because a SPORTS coupe. its not an easy one to pull off, especially if you dont want it to just look a copy of an MG, bentley or anything else.

tony
Let us know what we should do to make it a proper Sports in your eyes Tony and we shall try and include them, you have already supplied some of the Sports parts that we shall be using, so many thanks for those. Big Grin
hi R,

not trying to critcise, i dont fully know what you have in mind yet.

but if you look at the pictures put on the forum for hotrods. most of them dont change much on the body? maybe wider wings to contail the wheels, and a sparkly paint job.

so to me if the body is a standard idea of a coupe, on a lowered chassis. it has the danger of looking like a hotrod. (without the fat wheels of course).

i know we spoke about windscreens in the past, a vertical screen is as far away from sports that i can think of. notice the MG is sloped back. a nice choice is a V screen.

the MG body slopes nicely at the rear, but nothing says sports like a pointed tail.

it is a coupe, so full wings. but more streamlined to suggest sports.

but alot of what ive put is favoring the MG, and im guessing you dont want to build an MG on an austin 7 chassis.

so perhaps take some austin 7 sports fetures like the V shape step in body on the uster for the doors?

ever thought of a seamless body, with a hidden hinge body.

with a 6 in longer chassis, you could go totally out there. move the engine back, step the seat for the passenger. so its a slim 1 1/2 seat body. that way the body can be a straight line down the sides, from rad to doors. instead of the usual step out at the bulkhead.

and i havent even gotten onto instruments. and interior. Wink

as i always say, we are all different. with different ideas of the ideal car.

tony.