The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Steve Hodgson tells me that he can supply a blown engine, if required.

I fear this may well push it into even higher echelons of poshness, not a good thing, in certain quarters - you have been warned.
(24-06-2022, 07:54 AM)Charles P Wrote: Lovely car...

... I also think that a blown engine would be the icing on the cake

Agree 100%. Not sure about the poshness, in my mind it's the little brother of a Bentley saloon. (Possibly Blue Train?)
quality isnt cheap. never was.

grumbly about the cost, calling it "posh" is there every day in sevening. it never makes things cheaper though, it just stops the suppliers making parts for them. and likely to put other owners off building and restoring beautiful cars.

with gas & electric & materials going up daily, foolish people who think it is "posh" to spend money, are going to have to get a hole lot posher Huh
(24-06-2022, 08:02 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Steve Hodgson tells me that he can supply a blown engine, if required.

I fear this may well push it into even higher echelons of poshness, not a good thing, in certain quarters - you have been warned.

A blown car isn't necessarily posh, as I've proved

c
“Push” more like
Alan Fairless
Absolutely stunning, the Highland Coupe is everything I thought it would be, and more!

An epic achieve the and a credit to You all.
Inside is coming along and the engine is loosing off, pulls well.

Link to video: https://youtube.com/shorts/s0rO0Cb3CGI?feature=share
Looks lovely inside - a real gentleman's motor carriage.
Thank you David, here is the real reason I could not put a starting handle on it last week…

All sorted now and very annoying at the time, doah!
It looks tremedous, Ruairidh. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at Morton.

If you were to remove the trim from the seats, would I recognise the seat bases underneath?

Steve