The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Thanks Ruairidh.
I was wondering why the material had an air of "déjà vu" for me. That's because I bought exactly that one too from Woolies. They are good help and send samples on demand.
I liked the fact that you has also colour-matched and trimmed the delivery van. Very classy.
Wonderful! The Highland Coupe takes special building to another level, this should have come from a coachbuilder like Gurney Nutting back in the late 20’s.
(27-04-2021, 08:56 AM)JonE Wrote: I liked the fact that you has also colour-matched and trimmed the delivery van. Very classy.

I noticed that too. Classy indeed!
That exterior leathercloth is quite hefty stuff, I'm impressed at what he's done with it. Looking great!
The almost-new hire van was lovely, until the distance-sensing braking system decided to activate for no reason at 60mph on the motorway. The hirer reckoned it was probably fooled by a hail storm. "Once it's happened a couple of times you get used to it" I was told! Thankfully the Austin was well strapped down.
hi peter,

i have a simular system on the L200.

it hasnt cut in at 60mph yet.

but it is annoying having a big yellow block flash up on the dash when overtaking parked cars, especially when you are no were near them.

its the future Huh
Better pray no-one is sitting on your tail...
(27-04-2021, 10:21 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: hi peter,

i have a simular system on the L200.

it hasnt cut in at 60mph yet.

but it is annoying having a big yellow block flash up on the dash when overtaking parked cars, especially when you are no were near them.

its the future Huh

One of my neighbours has two cars, both top-of-the-range models with every gizmo going. On one, he paid a premium of over £4000 on the more modestly equipped version - and, guess what? He so annoyed by the constant clanging of warning bells, dings and dongs; the inability to switch lanes on the motorway without having to fight against a Sumo wrestler holding onto the steering wheel; a touch screen to change basic settings with tiny contact areas that require concentration on the screen to make sure one's finger is in the right places (then the car hits a pothole and the sunshine roof opens, instead of something else happening) - that he's switched off all that he can.
Tony, it's not just what they give you.

I dont enjoy what they take away either.

We no longer have a CD player fitted as standard, because EVERYONE has unlimited sounds on there iPhone.

Also we dont have a satnav anymore, because the latest £2,000 iPhone THAT WE ALL HAVE. has unlimited maps. And the onboard computer automatically pics up the presents of the phone.

Hopefully any new build austin 7, will have no such problem.

Tony.