The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
(24-01-2021, 06:23 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Quite a number of nodding dogs in the House of Commons. Some of them would be better sat on a car rear shelf.
No, David. Far too fat and heavy from bouts of daily over-indulgence, at our expense, in their taxpayer-subsidised restaurants.
The last few odd jobs are now completed on the Coupe - wing brackets, headlamp mounts, spare wheel carrier and lots of painting and varnishing. The lovely radiator cowl is from Tony Betts and louvre panels from Andrew Goodfellow.

I did a final assembly of all the parts in the spring sunshine. Having spent the last 6 months tripping over it in the workshop it looks much smaller out in the car park! Nevertheless quite an exciting stage to seeing it looking like a car at last. It's sitting a bit higher than I'd expected but Ruairidh anticipates that the springs will settle once in use. If not I shall be hiding some paving slabs in the boot! 

The bonnet sides are loosely fitted and still need to be trimmed to length. Inevitably there will be some tweeking to the flitch panels etc once the fabric and bonnet mouldings are in place but I will leave all that for the metalworker who is making the wings and bonnet top. 

Next I will remove all the peripheral bits and label all the nuts and bolts. The door hinges and other parts are already marked to make reassembly simple later on. It will go from here to the upholsterer who is completing all the interior and exterior fabric; the seats are already done and looking very nice indeed.

www.peternaulls.co.uk
Peter, I don't think there's anything amiss about the way this car is sitting - you can see that both the front and rear springs are already flat so it is a LOT lower than a car with standard suspension settings, and once the wings are on it will look a lot better. If in doubt, park a saloon next to it and see how it looks. Don't forget that it's still on 19" wheels, it's never going to be a go-kart.
Blimey, that does look good!

And I agree, the height looks spot on - remember there will be quite a bit of extra weight once you add fuel, battery, and two people.
Ooh, looking SO good. Well done!
Beautiful
Looking superb!  The ride height is spot on .  When completed you want about 6" between the top of the rear tyre and the wheel arch.
It has a Rileyesque look from the rear three quarter view.
Can't wait to see it finished.
Absolutely beautiful Peter, the lines and ride height couldn’t be better in my view and I agree with Malcolm, there’s a touch of Riley Monaco about it...which is certainly no bad thing.
That is a cracker! Well done, can't wait to see the fully finished article in all its glory. Félicitations à tous!
It's a pity it can't be left unpainted. The natural colours are lovely.