The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 TT Car Reg OF 6462
This car is for sale in Switzerland. From what I gather from the ad in prewarcar.com it is a genuine/original TT car minus the original engine, It has a standard engine fitted.
Does anyone knows this car and it's history? any information is much appreciated.
Don't know anything about its history etc. but the spring cutaways and cockpit opening don't look like those on the TT body posted up by Henry Harris here:

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...1&page=198

Edit: link should go the correct page now -photo by Henry is near the bottom post 1977
According to my lists it's not a genuine TT car.
Henry Harris may like to comment.
I'd suggest, as always, caveat emptor. Isn't OF likely to be an age related number?

Steve
OF 6462 looks like it dates from late 1929:

I thuoght that this machine had already been discussed. Not taxed in the UK since September 1985. Avoids satchels by having discreet interior leather purses.
I can't see where it is claimed to be anything other than a good TT replica.
Black Art Enthusiast
(01-09-2020, 09:55 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: I can't see where it is claimed to be anything other than a good TT replica.
Thanks Ian
you're 100% right just noticed the ad:  OF6462 is not the typical Ulster Rep.
Was taken by :well known history and fantastic original condition.
Will contact the seller anyway to check the price.
I believe OF 6462 was built in the '70s  by " Hutchings " and was owned at some time by Walter Heale. My records say " it contains lots of genuine Ulster bits "
(03-09-2020, 10:41 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: I believe OF 6462 was built in the '70s  by " Hutchings " and was owned at some time by Walter Heale. My records say " it contains lots of genuine Ulster bits "

True

Built with original TT/Ulster parts nearly 50 years ago. Based on a 1928 Chassis and an TT-Body of unknown origin.
For more info, send PM