The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - September 2020

.jpeg   195_19_01_18_12_55_19.jpeg (Size: 99.74 KB / Downloads: 758)

A delightful shot of an early Dixi DA1, submitted by Robin Boyce.
Thanks Mike. Always good to start the month with a well turned ankle in view...

What is strapped to the wing? (I assume some sort of petrol can but have not seen one like it before)
LH drive?
Yes Peter, I believe all Dixis were left-hand drive; other features to note (original fitment or modifications?) include forward-mounted headlamps, semi-circular windscreen wiper motor, screen-mounted trafficators and detachable starting handle. 

I also assume the wing-mounted attachment is a spare petrol container, although it looks more like some kind of bottle.
The photo to me looks like it could have been taken in the early 1960’s (Based on the fashion of clothes worn by the lady) . Could the wing attachment be an early type fire extinguisher. I see it has a foreign registration plate.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I agree that the lady's dress could be 1960s or even 1970s wear, and I did wonder myself about the date of the photo, but it seems the fashion is equally correct for the late 1920s too:

The car doesn't look like a forty year-old car.
Skirts ABOVE the knee in the 1920's? To the knee was very daring but above was verging on the "fast" sort of gal!
I say....
Still, you never know what these Continental types get up to do you?
While most pictures of ladies fashion in the 1920s show long coats, there are shorter ones too. Fashioned depended upon the season - longer in winter and shorter in summer, the age of the wearer and, of course, their class. Google (or should that be ogle) ladies' fashion of the 1920s and you'll see lots of examples. In what decade the picture was taken is a good question and my fabrics-expert wife said, without hesitation, "1926 to 1932". Still, what does she know....
(01-09-2020, 08:28 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: A delightful shot of an early Dixi DA1, submitted by Robin Boyce.

Really lovely and the car looks good as well
Co-incidentally, one of the photos in Steve's current "Arthur Waite" posting shows a young lady wearing a similar style coat of very similar length.