The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Short Period Technical Film
This is a short Austin film I haven't seen before.  Shows a few interesting technical bits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwXJoxfdJOM
When pressed steel tops came out in the early 30s the yanks made much of the integrity and demonstarted by rolling cars down slopes, which is where the idea has come from.
It's on the Association Archive website; check it out, there may be others there that you haven't seen:

http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/films/
Anyone got AML 424 ??
Cor, if I ever swap trialling and go into stage rallying, an Austin Ten must be the very machine!
Yes, there are a few on the archive site I haven't seen before... thanks.

The 'White Line' film sees to show the brake lining resilience being tested at about 50psi (at about 2 mins)? Has this any relevance to the Brake thread currently on-going, I wonder?
Not a kingpin in the Charpy test. Whats with the glass? I thought it was either laminated or toughened and supposed to shatter. Not sure what he doing with handbrake unless taking up initial bed in wear. Generous drip trays.
(28-08-2020, 09:29 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Cor, if I ever swap trialling and go into stage rallying, an Austin Ten must be the very machine!
The prewar Austin 10 Cambridge is regarded as one of the sturdiest cars around.   Rivalled perhaps by the post-war SAAB 96.   When I was in my teens I had a weekend job at nearby garage JCT 600 which was owned by Jack Tordoff who at the time rallied a SAAB 96.  His stage rally car had rolled seven times but the standard body had never deformed onto the internal roll cage.  The works rally cars had standard body shells apart from small pieces of angle steel reinforcement along the tops of the front wings.   Even a strut brace between the tops of the front suspension mountings was standard.