The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Font
Good morning.

I have been looking around, but with little success. Does anyone know a font which approximates to the Austin script used on the radiator badges? I lack the hand-writing or calligraphy skill to create what I want to do by hand.

Thank you.

Jamie.
came up a while ago on the old forum here:

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...7&cmd=show

there was also someone recently offering Ulster badges on ebay if you can track them down.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
The original Austin script was hand-drawn rather than using a formal font; your best bet would be to draw, or get someone to draw, the lettering you want:

.jpg   1919 austin script.JPG (Size: 98.92 KB / Downloads: 421)

illustration published in the Archives
To think we nearly got to drive Austim Sevens
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I managed to copy the 'Austin' logo fairly successfully using enlarge/reduce on a photocopier and cutting out a stencil.
If you want other letters though you may be on your own...
Hi Jamie

I used the Ford (wash my mouth out) script as a basis for my special badges.  In the end cutting and polishing the 2mm aluminium distorted things a bit.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   AB38967F-3F1A-4A63-BAC0-CC49A4350FBE.jpeg (Size: 91.36 KB / Downloads: 355)
Thank you for the replies and suggestions. You Brookfields script loooks good, Howard. My daughter is quite artisitc and has said that she will have a go for me, but if she is not successful, I shall have a look for the Ford font and see how I get on with it.

Regards,

Jamie.
Jamie
Have a look at the Hupmobile script as well.  There are one or two others too, mostly American, but I can't think of them all at the moment.  The prewar car magazines adverts are the best bet...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Thank you for the suggestion, Bob. That is a good match for the script. I have been lucky, though, as I finally managed to encourage my artistic daughter to draw what I wanted. I now need to scan it and convert it into a jpg or dxf file.

Regards,

Jamie.