The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German sports image/dropped axles and reverse camber springs
This is presently on ebay and, conveniently, the viewable bits are useful.
It appears to show a contemporary, newish car, but interesting that it has radius arm lowering brackets and a very reverse camber front spring. Is it perhaps later, and a special, or were Sports created like this in Germany?
Incidentally, with recent discussion about the NZ coachbuilders drawings, the Sports EA drawing of 5.'30 and then that of the '65' of three years later both show beautifully fashioned reverse camber rear springs curving up to the attachment point. This is augmented by the roadtest report for the EA Sports mentioning the reverse camber springing front AND rear.
And yet we appear to have precious few examples of such springs coming off sports chassis cars being restored. Has anyone got any contemporary 30s images where the rear springing supports what the drawings purport to show... or were the drawings - and the PR for the roadtest editors - all show? 

just noticed, text of ad suggests "1937, Linz" for dating...
I love the T handle radiator cap!  Not pedestrian friendly by today's standard, but stops burning or scalding!
David, I think you are mis-seeing the bonnet hinge!
The radiator cap looks like a spark plug to me!

Back to Jon’s original observation, I’m guessing the car is a Dixi or a Warburg and all I can remember seeing both here and on the continent have featured standard Austin style axles and springs. An educated guess and looking at the heavy duty radius arm lowering brackets, I would say they were post production modifications.

Just my tuppence worth!
I suggest that it may be the bowsprit, originally flying a certain flag that was swiftly airbrushed out in 1945.
I think you are right! Definitely a spark plug!!I still like the idea of a T handle/flagstaff!!!
D
(25-08-2020, 01:50 PM)David.H Wrote: I think you are right! Definitely a spark plug!!I still like the idea of a T handle/flagstaff!!!
D
I was tempted with Photoshop- but fought it...
I though perhaps it was for winding up the clockwork!