The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parsons Motors
I'm trying to research my car,  it was supplied new in 1934 to Henry Parsons of Whitchurch road in Cardiff. 
The selling dealer was Parsons motors of Richmond road in Cardiff. 
Is it a coincidence it's the same surname ?
Does anyone have any info on Parsons motors ?
Dear Morris Minor (words that don't often pass my lips... Big Grin )

May I suggest a chat with Parsons' Bakery in Whitchurch Rd? They're a family-run business & been there since 1926 so they say.

https://www.parsonsbakery.co.uk/who-we-are

Edit: Sorry, this may be a duff lead. There is a Parsons' Bakery in Whitchurch Rd. but it looks like a Bristol-based company?
That's a good tip, thanks. 
By the way it's a Moggy 1000 so not a competitor !
Bother. I would love to read an impartial comparison of contemporay Minors and pre series Eights. I guess fabric bodies put paid to many Minors but the Eights seemed solid cars. Do communicative owners not turn up at shows?
(22-08-2020, 09:28 AM)morrisminor Wrote: I'm trying to research my car,  it was supplied new in 1934 to Henry Parsons of Whitchurch road in Cardiff. 
The selling dealer was Parsons motors of Richmond road in Cardiff. 
Is it a coincidence it's the same surname ?
Does anyone have any info on Parsons motors ?

No idea, however, my 7 was originally supplied to the owner of the dealership as well making me wonder if the cars were initially registered in the name of the dealer to get plates and registration and then passed on to the actual owner.

others?