The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stunning
I hate over restored cars!
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
(25-08-2020, 10:48 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

As editor of the SWA7 club mag I’m privy to old copies printed on what looks like blotting paper with a blue Printing machine.  One “letter to the editor” caught my eye and is pertinent to this discussion read something like this.....

Some A7 owners spend all there time in the workshop and never drive their cars and I’m fine by that... others drive their cars all the time boasting of miles and miles of rough road antics...and I’m fine with that... others take their cars to shows polished and buffed and I’m fine with that.....  What I’m not fine with is those who tell me that I should polish my car or drive my car or work on my car and any other things I should do with my car! Let each to his own....

Cheers

Howard

I understand but some uncouth folk will persist in calling such overdecorated moters 'Pimp's Palaces'. Rolleyes
Back in the day some potty mouths in Oz even called similarly decorated Holden Panel Vans 'Sh*gg*n Wagons'  Big Grin
I agree with the above. But there must be a story behind it. Just how tedious is it to sew pleats? How were they done originall?. Surely not all manually.
It can all be redone, whereas a reground camshaft cant be.
At school a mates brother had a 1932 4 door Morris 8 with white lace curtains. I was very innocent and never thought to enquire of the effectiveness. It was certainly not a car to cut a macho image, so possibly he adopted the opposite.
The standard pneumatic cushions can and should be adjusted to just clear, so ensuring generous headroom.