The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficators .
Greetings All, I have a 1938 Opal to here in Cyprus .

The switch on the steering column has rusted through leaving no way to operate the trafficators  ! 

I have a Lucas SPB120 that I hope to replace the column switch with !

However, I am at a loss as to how to wire the SPB 120 to operate the Trafficators !!

Can anyone help me out ,and let me know how to connect it up ? many thanks in advance....

rbm767@live.com
Normally there are three terminals on the flasher unit- feed, warning lamp and output to switch. The switch should also have three terminals, feed ( from output on the flasher unit), left and right. The earth connections are made through the bulbs.

If in doubt, contact Willie McKenzie and he'll sell you a new remote switch.
I found this on the internet is it any help.  See attachment if it works

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Thank you both very much for the replies .

John ,I have the diagram, that you attached , but as per the A7 wiring diagram, there are only 3 wires out of the bottom of the steering column
live and one each to the semaphore trafficators ( L/H R/H ) .

Not being well versed in the magic of things electrical , I have checked the trafficator units and they are earthed , and were working fine till the old switch snapped off .

So where do I connect the live wire to and does it mean the earth connector is redundant ?

rbm767
AKA Richard
Richard, it is about 55 years since I fiddled around with one of the illustrated here indicator switches on my A35 but, I believe that the earth is provided only to complete the circuit of the warning light so being redundant in your case.
You need to ignore the earth and connect the live wire to "flasher unit" terminal there-by enabling its connection, when the switch is operated, to the appropriate side indicator ("LH or RH flasher" on the drawing).
Ian , Thank you so much for your input , it was what was needed ! Both semaphores working fine ...

Thanks again for your input !!!

Richard.
You're very welcome Richard; it's what the Forum is for.