The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dante Clubman
I've just come across this on Ebay (apologies if everyone has seen it already and discussed it...) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-base...SwOVNfN45l

I'm not sure I've ever seen one of these in the flesh, before.

No interest in the car or sale, just a casual observer..

Hugh
Looks like quite a good project for someone.    I have the Dante manifolds and head but have never seen the cast aluminium sump before.  I understand that the Dante parts were cast from melted down RR Merlin engines.
The price doesn't look daft bearing in mind that a rebuilt engine is part of the deal.  Not the usual collection of mismatched parts.
I don't think many of these were produced, they were probably too expensive to make compared to the fibreglass bodies that were available at the time?
In the early 1990's when I was working near Doncaster I saw an advert for A7 parts in the 'Autojumbler' paper. Turned out they were located 5 mins from where I worked so I went to have a look. They were, in the main, a Dante Clubman kit with spares and whilst I had no interest in the body and chassis, I did buy a car full of the spares. I sold some on and still have the remnants (the block in my new Ulster engine came from this stock) but I've never seen another Clubman body and don't know what happened to it. Maybe this is the same one?

Steve
I think it would make a good addition to 'Ecurie Jones'?
It would suit Ange.
Before you ask I know I have a garage space going spare!
The chap sitting in it is Iain Mansell - who is a long time A7 owner. You will have seen him with Steve Bradford-Best on the check-in at 750MC rally at Beaulieu.
It is particularly rare as it's for the short chassis. But thus really wants a short chassis if its going to be re-registered...
Some nice parts in the pictures - drop axle and Bowden?