The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grand Prix Nippy
Did anyone else spot the Nippy in the background during the Grand Prix coverage. Just after the introduction and comment by Sir Tom Moore, they showed a part of the 1950 GP at Silverstone in the back ground appears to be a Nippy    
Nice!
I can't discern any sidelights so may be a Type 65 (?)
I have two copies of the programme for the 1948 International RAC GRAND PRIX - Silverstone, Saturday October 3.  " ...the first recognised event of its kind to be held in this country since the war. "
All the famous names of that time present, both British and foreign.
65 - no sidelights!
And an Austin Hampshire in front?
Cycle wings are fitted to the front so not sure how you can say with certainty its a 65

The steering wheel looks distinctly Ashby but very hard to tell as its so grainy.
Black Art Enthusiast
No trafficator boxes, so an early rather than late car - I doubt if anyone in 1950 would have removed them if they were there originally.
You could apply the same argument to the front wings Mike, it has the appearance of a well modified car to me, black headlights non original appearance of hood/envelope, and the shadows down the side suggest its well beaten about so possibly an ally body.
Black Art Enthusiast
Yes, Ian, I saw that. I can well imagine someone discarding the original wings for lightweight versions, and performing other modifications, but I doubt they would discard the indicators if they were originally fitted. With probably no use during the wartime period, the car has effectively has had only ten years use, so the trafficators are unlikely to have become faulty in that time.
Wind resistance Mike! LOL
Black Art Enthusiast