The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakdown Cover
Does anybody have experience of using DAS Breakdown cover, as suggested by one of our favoured Insurers?
I have not used DAS, but I have been very satisfied with the A7 Association scheme included as standard from RH. Comprehensive any driver (with conditions) insurance and a reasonable premium, and very good service when the worst happens.
I don’t think you will find a better example than RH.
It also includes foreign travel.
I have been with RH for maybe 25 years and until recently found them very good and competitive too. Their breakdown has been excellent too.
Sadly I am now considering changing companies as RH have "lost the plot", hence my enquiry. They are also very expensive compared to others now.
£79 a year including UK and Europe breakdown, and my 23 y o daughter can drive it if I sit her up. I don't think that is expensive.
I think the main driver for expensive premiums could be inflated agreed values I value my box saloon at £6,000 and think that’s quite sensible and see how that works out and report back on the premium.
I have found one or two people at RH who give standard answers, possibly because they are not fully aware of the possibilities in the A7 scheme. If things seem to have gone wrong contact Emma Airey  emma.airey@hiscox.com  12033215506  or  07956232758  She is the Association contact and I have found her very helpful, arranging any driver on my modern car when I explained just why I wanted it, and when the pen pusher in the office stuck to a standard line that it is not available.
It should be added that Emma actually *runs* RH and we should be immensely grateful that she is prepared to take calls on individual's insurance issues where help is required... Not sure I can think of any other company that would offer such an option...
I’ve applied for a quote on line, so I’ll see what happens. I have been insured with RH before and they have been efficient and great value.
I have just insured with RH as I considered the quote quite reasonable as it includes Breakdown.
However I did find them very slow on replying to enquiries and queries. 3 weeks in my case. (Email)