The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Air vents
Hi everyone in the Ruby how are the air vents  in the footwells kept closed at the moment they are free to just flap about. They have the handles in the interior, but no signs of how to close them Thanks Mike
Hi

The body parts book (Publication 1521,  Page 21 ) shows a Rubber Ring 3F1295  and a Rubber Beading 2H6957.  You can find a scanned copy of this book in the archive. You may find similar rubber rings in a camping shop, they are used for strain relief on guy ropes etc.

I suspect that the long rod with a nut on top should be assembled tightly enough to give some friction, but that's only a guess.

I have never used these vents, in a Pearl I find ventilation is never less than very adequate !
Ours are tight enough to stay wherever you put them, as John says try tightening the nut on the hinge rod.

Peter.
Mine don't have nuts on the hinge rods. They tend to stay fully open or closed ok, might flap around if you try to have it part open.
Hi have had a good look, the hinge rods have been chopped off half way down and a small bolt pushed in at the bottom with no nut on whatsoever. Have done one side with bolt and nut rather fiddly, but far better now will do other side tomorrow. Mike