The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenith 26va again !!!!
After hopefully stopping the car dripping when switched off by putting a extra washer under the needle I thought I'd take the jets out to clean them, they won't budge I don't think they've been out since World war 2 ! Any suggestions
I have not had this problem myself but have you tried warming the underside of the float bowl where the jets screw in. Not a lot of heat only enough to expand the threaded hole a little you should still be able to pick it up and hold it in your hand. Not telling grandma how to suck eggs but are you using the removal tool (one of the bowl fixing bolts should have a square end to fit the square hole in the jet.)

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Certainly am John ,it won't budge
Knowing from experience how easy it is to break the float bowl, I would be tempted just to soak the jets in carb cleaner, blow them through with compressed air and put the carb back together again.

Sorry if this isn’t the answer you wanted!
I have a bowl that I cannot get the jets out.

Another reluctant one I moved them by freezing, then heating the bowl whilst the jets were still cold.

I might do that again on the other one, after having left an acetone/diesel mix in it for a while.
Has any body had experience cleaning carbs using ultrasonic cleaners?

It should obviate the need for dismantling Undecided
Yes, works an absolute treat, my pal has just done four carbs from his motor cycle in one go!