The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RN Doors
The doors on my 1931 RN will not close properly at the bottom no matter how I try to adjust them. Looking at pictures of similar cars it seems to be a common problem. The fit all round is a bit hit and miss with plenty of ventilation places !
Is it to be considered a little quirk of the model of can it be sorted, any suggestions woulds be most welcome.
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Our speciality! The doors should fit perfectly. Are you certain that RP doors haven't been fitted at some point in the past? Otherwise, the B-posts or the doors themselves may have been poorly repaired. Could you post, or PM me some photos? Martin Prior and Son's Motor Works (Email: buildingsbespoke@btinternet.com).
One of the problems with box saloon rear body sag is that the bottom of the sill by the B post tends to migrate outwards preventing the door from closing. Ah Martin whilst RP doors can easily be made to fit an RN the reverse is more difficult. From my experience of saloon doors the RNs are the easiest to repair with no cut outs for the rear wheel arch and no thinning down as on the RP bottom rear with it's water trap. Your replacement frames took all the graft out of my most recent repair, an excellent kit of parts.
Here's a photo of an RP door in an RN.     
Thanks for the info, I'll get some pictures if it ever stops raining!
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !