The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bags on spare wheel
Hi All,

I've seen plenty of photos where a canvas or leather bag has been attached to the spare wheel, an example is attached.  Does anyone know of a supplier?  

Maybe people just get an old backpack, cut off the straps and make new ones to suit connection on to the spare?

Any leads would be appreicated.

Attached Files
.png   Bag on spare wheel.PNG (Size: 931.47 KB / Downloads: 559)
Steve & Tate Davidson
Perpetual Amateur Austineers
Can’t see that the back pack needs any alteration, the wheel acts as the shoulders
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Perhaps something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-Swiss-Ar...ondition=4
I've looked into similar in the past, putting saddle bags over the sides on a sports.

Plenty on ebay.

As suggested above, I don't think there is any modification needed. To put a satchel on the spare wheel

Tony.
Nice looking special you have there
thanks
Steve & Tate Davidson
Perpetual Amateur Austineers
Satchels and similar seem to be more of a fashion amongst continental European special builders. I'd look into those markets for leads

Charles
If you would like something waterproof (though by no means vintage-looking), one of the motorcycle/boating packs like this is ideal - and a bargain; I paid almost twice as much a few years ago:  https://www.activeoutlet.co.uk/oxford-aq...gKxE_D_BwE
(25-07-2020, 12:49 PM)Charles P Wrote: Satchels and similar seem to be more of a fashion amongst continental European special builders. I'd look into those markets for leads

Charles
Delicately put Charles. Wink Wink

Steve
To get the centre of gravity lower, perhaps 4, on the driven wheels, for heavy things like cameras and wheel jacks... would be useful and quite a spectacle for passersby.
.jpg   P6.jpg (Size: 19.36 KB / Downloads: 249)