The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fabricating radius arms
Howard the rod is 3/8" I have drilled pre-girling axles and mounted the rear end on top the radius arm (see photo) another way is to mount on top the kingpin.

Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Terry

Thanks. Very helpful.  Looks a very neat job!

Cheers

Howard
Howard,
You dont say if your brakes are cable or hydraulic, at least I cant see if you did.
In any case for trials use the standard set up is more than adequate, plenty strong enough and you dont need additional torque reaction rods especially if your on cables.
My second special of many years ago had a dropped axle with repo sports type dropped bronze ends, used in many trials with no issues at all and they were not boxed either. The car was on cable brakes and still stopped very well.

May I suggest you avoid over complicating what you need for the intended use of the car.

Paul N-M
Ironically, the time you use your brakes on a trial is when you have to reverse down a section (having failed to 'clean' it). In reverse Austin 7 front brakes work very well, especially if there is some slack in the system.