The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ghastly Special
Now that we're up and running here (well done chaps), I can post some pics of a ghastly spacial I saw in Puy Notre-Dame. The idea may have been sound but the execution looked as if it had been done in a badly-fitting home-made bender with wooden jaws...or perhaps over the edge of the kitchen table
If he took a sound body off to do this he deserves a horse-whipping!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Disgusting
I bet he is proud of it !. Would be interested in what the paint job would have been like.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there's one thing that puzzles me - this car is apparently bearing a fairly recent new style French registration - the CQ series is about 3 or 4 years old. If that's the case how on earth did the person that cobbled up this special ever manage to get it past the FFVE - they are supposed to issue an "attestation" that the vehicle is genuine. I suspect, like many specials it was registered as the donor car and then stripped out to produce the rendition you see before you. Be interesting to see its documentation - it's probably about as good as the new body. I bet it's nice and quiet too with it's 4 - 1 exhaust and no silencer.
Well, to me it just looks like somebody is continuing the the original tradition of A7 special building.
I'd like to see the front end though.
I wonder what the miniature gas street lamp is, poking up the back of the tonneau cover.
I think you guys are being a bit hard, and I've seen plenty worse specials.
Rant over.
The little gas lamp is a mount for a GoPro video camera.
(10-08-2017, 09:18 AM)1938austin7 Wrote: The little gas lamp is a mount for a GoPro video camera.

Ta for that.
The front end was a black radiator cowl with embossed Austin winged wheel and the forward aspect wasn't too bad. The square box bulge on the LHS was repeated symmetrically on the RHS and the rear floor sloped slightly downwards rather than upwards which must have been interesting to drive over the French "ralentisseurs" ( sleeping policemen). The run from the paddock to the start had a couple of dips on which I think he managed to scrape the tail.
If the big rivets are mirror screws I suppose the bodywork could be described as "QD" and so, at a stretch, it could be a quick temporary job for the event.
        I took some photos in the paddock & have one more of the back of No 26 (with moustachio'd driver) and another of it lined up (behind the red cars) if you blow up the picture. Looks better from the front! Definitely in the spirit of 50's specials...a lot of solid rivets on that body...none of your fancy modern "pop" rivets, so that is in period!
D
And in the background of the first pic, posing in my white overalls is ME chatting to Peter Fausten who has an Ulster rep who is also in a previous pic I posted the other day.
Who is David H? Were you there ? It would have been interesting to meet, or perhaps we did?

(10-08-2017, 12:13 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: And in the background of the first pic, posing in my white overalls is ME chatting to Peter Fausten who has an Ulster rep who is also in a previous pic I posted the other day.
Who is David H? Were you there ? It would have been interesting to meet, or perhaps we did?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)