The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light Car and Cycle Car
Recent investigations has shown that in late 1922 an early 1923, Austin ran an advertising campaign in the Light Car and Cycle Car and I would love to be able to add images of these adverts to our collection. Sadly, individual copies of these magazine can often go for £30 or more - a cost that the Archive funds cannot support when I'm only looking to buy a magazine for a single page advert. As ever, my hope is that someone might be prepared to donate an odd copy or two to the Archive or, alternatively, offer the loan so we can make copies. Any offers?

I'm also particularly interested in the copy date August 22nd 1924 and would very much like to get my hands on one of those, same terms applying..

If you can help, an email to the Archivist in the first instance will receive my immediate attention...

thanks..

Hugh
The VSCC library has an all but full run of the LC&CC. Given that their librarians are more than impressed with the Association archive and quote it as an example of how it should be done, I'm sure they'd look to help.

Steve
I have these somewhere, you are more than welcome to download the hig res versions.

[Image: 8149092706_ed0b1e5488_b.jpg]
Austin 7 for the children by Austin Harris, on Flickr

[Image: 8149092252_103838d4c4_b.jpg]
Austin 7 for the equipment by Austin Harris, on Flickr

[Image: 8149091900_6c62c441e9_b.jpg]
Austin 7 for the parson by Austin Harris, on Flickr
(20-07-2020, 11:26 PM)austin Wrote: I have these somewhere, you are more than welcome to download the hig res versions.
If you have ones scanned at 1200 d.p.i. - with a file size of perhaps 10 MB - I'll be delighted to restore them "as-new" for the Archive.
That is exactly the series of adverts I am thinking about and if anyone can get images to Tony G as he suggests for restoration, that would be excellent. Tony - what file types do you need - Tif, Jpeg?

Thank you for the offer, it is much appreciated...

And I will follow up with the VSCC, though I am not a member myself so may need to employ the services of someone closer to the organisation...

Hugh
PM sent to Tony, luckily I scanned them at a fairly high resolution so 20mb TIFF files are there.
Thank you Austin, that's excellent. Thanks for the offer...
(21-07-2020, 09:29 AM)austin Wrote: PM sent to Tony, luckily I scanned them at a fairly high resolution so 20mb TIFF files are there.
Thank you very much. Pictures received; downloaded; converted; mucked about with; finished soon.
The restored set. Click on each picture for a fuller resolution copy - then click again to enlarge. Right-click to copy or save.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Give that man a coconut!!

Seriously, these are very nice. I'll repeat my request to anyone who has other copies with this type of advert in, to get in touch..

Thanks again, both..

Hugh