The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Austin Seven lost in a mythical English village
Another "recovered cover". Rather charming...or, as Brockbank would have had the driver saying to the little boy pointing the way, "Now, let's suppose that we don't want to go via Little Bottom, Snuglingford Close and though the woods of Ditching Britches....."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Ambridge? and maybe Walter Gabriel LOL.
(17-07-2020, 01:19 PM)Ian McGowan Wrote: Possibly Ambridge? and maybe Walter Gabriel LOL.
Indeed - note the clay pipe.
You never "saw" Walter Gabriel without Butch, his faithful bulldog.
However, considering that the cover is from 1937, some 20 years before the series started Walter wouldn't have been much older than the young lad, me old pal, me old beauty!

Anybody know where I left my life? I know I had one once.
(17-07-2020, 05:55 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: You never "saw" Walter Gabriel without Butch, his faithful bulldog.
However, considering that the cover is from 1937, some 20 years before the series started Walter wouldn't have been much older than the young lad, me old pal, me old beauty!

Anybody know where I left my life? I know I had one once.
Ok - let's make the lad Walter Gabriel (though he might be too well dressed...)
"Half a mile to the motorway junction. You will find the trucks threatening. 30 mph speed limit, but few attain. And 16 with trailer or on solid tyres."
"The store in next village sells oil"
"Centre main thumping? There is a good garage in next town and a bus service home. Drive gently"
"Locked in 1st gear? That is the shortest way home"

On a very brief vist to England 10 years ago, avoiding main roads, I was surprised at the number of thatched buildings. Many old wooden buildings here succumb to fires (or did in the days of smokers). How do the roofs survive?
Hi Bob, The thatch has to be replaced about every 30 years or so at quite an expense by a fewer and fewer thatchers.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(18-07-2020, 09:18 AM)John Mason Wrote: Hi Bob,  The thatch has to be replaced about every 30 years or so at quite an expense by a fewer and fewer thatchers.

John Mason.
Ah! An entrepreneurial opportunity - giant imitation plastic moulded thatch. Dash, the Chinese have beaten us to it: http://www.goodrooftiles.com/sale-877582...sorts.html
Synthetic thatch eh, just the thing for covering those leaking Ruby sunroofs !
Hi All, the village look's very much like Merthyr Mawr  a few miles from Bridgend . Been there a number of times with the South Wales club. S&P