The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diameter of Number circle for competition
Is there a standard diameter for the number circle? There seems(at least here in the US) to be a wide variety, though the the numbers must be at least 8 inches high. Does the VSCC have a standard?

Erich in Seattle
No but MSUK does. It's detailed in the Blue Book but I've not got access to mine at the moment.

Steve
Dashed hard work, this Austin Seven owning. On a sunny Saturday morning a chap has to jump up from the breakfast table out in the garden, and sprint upstairs to the study to find, sooner or later, the Blue Book on a shelf.

"Numbers must be displayed in a durable manner  and be black, of a minimum size of 23cm high with a stroke width of 3.8cm on an oblong background measuring not less than 48cm X 33cm which must expend at least 5cm beyond the outline of the numbers." 

The dear lady wife has just asked why on earth I have a copy of the Blue Book at breakfast, and am I feeling well? More marmalade should cure it.
The numbers I use on the Ulster are 9inches high. The stick on type from Demon Tweaks. The white circle is 15inches diameter. I don’t know if it’s conforming to any standard but it’s been that way for 40 years and close on 350 events. No one has complained.
Alan Fairless
On a car without touring wings I think drawing around a 19” wheel rim on the side and/or the tail looks close to examples in period photos.
Thank you all. I'm sorry to upset your garden breakfast, Steve.

Erich in Seattle