The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centenary Event - now livestreaming.
This morning we opened the gates at the Fire Service College and since 8am have been welcoming the early arrivals.

I am delighted to bring you the news that we have a livestream video channel so that even if you cannot be here you can still share in the experience. Over the coming days you will be able to watch video clips of what is happening on site and from time to time there will be live broadcasts. We hope that you will enjoy them!

Here is the link: https://a7centenary.com/livestream/
Wonderful to get a glimpse of the event and assume it will stand as a record
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Am posting here mainly to bump it up the list to make easier to find.
Amazing sight of so many 7s on the latest video.
Makes me think of a problem I had meeting up with a friend in Vegas. I had been many times for work, they were going on holiday for the first time and didn't have a US mobile phone and left theirs switched off in the hotel room for fear of high charges. We decided to keep it simple 'meet you by the Cleopatra's needle at Luxor', which I thought was an easy landmark to use as I had walked past it many times. We waited in the heat for 2 hours, called and left messages, gave up. Went inside to look around as had never been in and found a smaller needle going up the inside, where they had been waiting in the air con' comfort. We later found we had swapped places at some point, realised the error, gone back and both given up at a similar time.

So, the reason for my tale. I can imagine some Friends meeting up. Usually at a car show you can just head over to the Austin 7s and find them, but here, 'Meet you by the Austin 7s' might prove a little trickier. Perhaps 'I'll be the one with the Centenary T shirt' might cut it down to a few hundred...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(22-07-2022, 08:57 AM)Andy Bennett Wrote: So, the reason for my tale. I can imagine some Friends meeting up. Usually at a car show you can just head over to the Austin 7s and find them, but here, 'Meet you by the Austin 7s' might prove a little trickier. Perhaps 'I'll be the one with the Centenary T shirt' might cut it down to a few hundred...

Big Grin

Unrelated to the event but, years ago my roommate and I went to the Calgary stampede. (1 million visitors plus) We were planning to stay with his cousin. At the end of the evenings festivities I asked him, 'so how do we get to your cousin's place?' - Oh he replies I said we would just meet him by his car.....  Huh

Needless to say we had to make alternate arrangements in a hurry.