The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh no it isn't... but what is it?

.jpg   s-l400.jpg (Size: 54.8 KB / Downloads: 623)

This looks like it might be interesting... obviously not what it is listed as.

What is it from?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Spec...Swb3FfA46C

Ok... thought cyclecar... invalid carriage?  Not quite as exotic.

Here's a 1947 Argson Stanley Deluxe Invalid Carriage.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C973541
So looked like this:

Attached Files
.jpg   Argson Stanley Invalid Carriage.jpg (Size: 168.63 KB / Downloads: 457)

Ok... not an Austin 7 Ulster axle as first listed. The second time I went to look it had been correctly listed, so no fun for the assembled masses.
There used to be an old chap in our village that had one of these (I think), before he had a huge upgrade to a Villiers Invacar.
I recall these from when I was a lad (Adam was my younger brother). They had a cover for inclement weather that was black in colour and covered most of the vehicle. The only parts visible when the cover was used was the front wheel and the drivers head.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
John - I remember that when I was a toddler the sight of one of those carriages with the occupant muffled up in the weather protection gear and just a head apparently stuck on top of the machine, completely freaked me out. It was like seeing something out of a horror movie! I still find them a wee bit creepy...
there was an old man living across the road from our house in the early 50s, known to us lads as mr Rowlands he wore a suit every day and a waistcoat with a silver watch and chain , he used one of these almost every day and it was a treat for us small boys to get a ride on the floor board from the bottom of our street to home. If I remember correctly you turned the hand grip to make it go and being electric it was silent , a great memory for me regards to all Rob.
Well at least one of these things made its way to New Zealand , I can still dimly remember seeing one of these [or something very similar] around Herne Bay [the Auckland one] as a toddler pre-1956. I agree with Nick, quite creepy.
If you are fascinated by 'cars' even smaller than our Austin Sevens you may have heard of the RUMCars Furum

http://www.rumcars.org/forum/

'Register of Unusual Microcars'

Once upon a time I had a RUMCar- a 500 cc Messerschmitt FMR engined Zeta Sports Coupe .

Went like a rocket but the suicide doors were a worry !  Big Grin