The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuine Ulster(Ulster Rep) bonnet rubber
For any who may be interested, I received from Mick Hobday, length of Edgware moulding #369 and compared it to a purported original piece from the scuttle moulding of an Ulster. While I initially thought the slope raised to too high a point, the dimensions are identical. This is also confirmed elsewhere in this thread, as well by comparing profiles on several original cars in the David Mawby collection. Those were not Ulsters. So it would seem that from about 1929 at least, to 1934 or perhaps later, the scuttle rubber on factory Sevens would be the same as Edgware 369, with the staples fitting into the groove. Obviously, couch built Sevens by other firms may or may not have used the same rubber. And if Austin used a different fixing method later on, perhaps bifurcated rivets or other, the rubber pattern would likely have been different. So I saved the the effort and expense of producing new bonnet moulding, and as long as Edgware still produces this pattern, those who want authenticity have a source.

Erich in Seattle

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genuine Ulster(Ulster Rep) bonnet rubber - by Erich - 09-08-2020, 05:26 PM