The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuine Ulster(Ulster Rep) bonnet rubber
(04-07-2020, 10:50 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: One thing is puzzling me after reading this thread. As I understand it, the factory made 168 EA sports models for sale to the public, in the years 1930-1932. Knowing that Lord Austin was a canny fellow as far as money is concered I fail to see any economic reason why he would design and commission a short production run of special form bonnet rubbers for the "Ulster" models when there must have been literally yards and yards of the stuff already available in the factory.  No doubt Erich has already investigated the cost of having a short production run of bespoke rubber made, and is therefore no doubt well aware of the additional cost entailed. I cannot for the life of me comprehend why Austin would do this for such a small number of cars, compared with the volume production. It just doesn't make any sense. 

I am of the opinion that there are more important things to worry about in this life and I am now going to water my tomatoes.

Is this what the Model Train world describe as 'rivet counters' ?  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genuine Ulster(Ulster Rep) bonnet rubber - by Tony Press - 06-07-2020, 03:54 AM