The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical questions
1.Is there some sort of scientific formula that says that the tube indicated in the picture needs to be the length that it is.
2. Has anybody had any success with the new fangled cored solder that claims it can solder anything.
Reasons for ask in case you you would like to know is that I would like a shorter one on my AD tourer this getting it further from the heat of the exhaust.    
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I've yet to find a solder for aluminium. Surely a hacksaw would be the solution.
My tube is only 1-2 inch long, so to speak.
Hi

The length of the rigid tube coming out of the manifold is immaterial. Remember that the tubing from the manifold to the wiper motor is probably about 2 metres long so the odd half-an-inch at the manifold is neither here nor there.

Regards

Roger
Sorry can see the mistake. I mean the tube on the manifold not the vacuum pipe, the leg of the T as it were. The aluminium inlet manifold.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
You could saw off , shorten, and then get the 2 parts Tigged back together .
What is your reason to get away from exhaust heat? 
Might be easier to make a heat shield, and keep the petrol pipe as far away as possible from the exhaust.
I have had that portion shortened for the same reason: to reduce the heat transfer from the exhaust. At times in hot weather I have found petrol boiling in the float chamber.
    I have wrapped the exhaust on fibre glass tape, built a shield, doubled up the inlet manifold to exhaust manifold gaskets and fitted s four blade fan. Finished this pm. Just looking at other options . 
H
The down pipe is only to lower the gravity fed  carb relative to the tank
All looks very tidy Derek, hope your work pays off on road test.
Failing that you could modify the manifold and fit a Sidedraught SU right at the top