The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better than the Beach at Brighton....
Another primus advocate. On one occasion we picnicked on a local long beach and  a few miles on the way home realised no Primus. We returned. A car was parked in similar position and we asked if they had seen it. No. I wandered over to their station wagon and the primus was in the back. Apparently the wife had picked it up without mentioning.... such items were relatively much more expensive than now. The RP had an underbonnet battery box intended to originally also cnatain used nappies. (Mine!). Later served as the Primus compartment.
As to large framed bike my practical mates used to take a ring spanner to school and lock the seat fully extended so I had to ride home standing on the pedals. I suppose in the early days there were no traffic stops so cyclists did not have to repeatedly reach the ground. I presume the frames were to obtain rigidity, yet the corresponding ladies bikes were like riding a jelly. The unfortunate ladies never learned the difference.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Better than the Beach at Brighton.... - by Bob Culver - 26-06-2020, 09:53 PM