The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
International beaulieu 2020 cancelled
Shame but not unexpected.

Tony.
A shame indeed. Thanks for letting us know Tony.
Thanks for letting us know. I'm surprised they waited this long to announce what seems inevitable. With a large number of stall holders and customers coming (or not) from Europe, I can't see how the event would be viable whatever decisions the UK government makes about social distancing etc. in the next few weeks.
The cancellation was announced on this site on the 14th May by Nick Salmon.

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...u#pid46641
Hi Henry

I think Nick advised us of the cancellation of the 750MC Beaulieu Rally.  Notification of the International Autojumble only appeared over the last day or so. I got it yesterday from Hereford A7 club emails.

‘‘Tis inevitable but hopefully Tony and others you can bolster your web sites with lots of tempting goodies for us to buy on line!

Cheers

Howard
i think beaulieu have made the right decision for many reasons.

not least that many if not most stall holders are over 50 or well over. with some sort of underlying health reason not to attend.

it may have been a very strange and uninspiring show.

but when will we see the next large autojumble ?.

for me, i watch the news. "yes although i dont read, i still watch the news" even if its just for the pictures. and for a wile, i heard people talk about how all this covid19 will change the future. and i thought will it ? in time it will get back to normal. 

but i watch the stoopidity of people attending vearious marches etc, and the virus keeps going.

or is the suggestion that the future is changing, the fact that these events will be killed off a bit earlier than expected?

something to think on. tony
Based on today's news Tony we are back to "one metre plus" distancing which is business as usual in plain English, plus all the boozers are back open. Anyone who thinks social distance, or 'staying alert' will be respected has never been in a high street pub, not around here anyway.

I guess if we lose a few old codgers along the way that's the price of re-starting the UK's economic machine.

958 new cases reported in the UK yesterday, it's dropping but it certainly isn't gone.

I guess we are going back to the post-war years where you had to go out and earn a crust but no-one could promise you wouldn't catch something nasty; we've been lucky to live so long in such safe times. Continental Europe still has rabies remember and in India people still live with leprosy...
Chris.

As an 'old codger' myself, I don't really fancy the idea of becoming 'lost'!
Chris KC Wrote:Continental Europe still has rabies remember and in India people still live with leprosy...

My Mother was born in 1915 in rural Kent. Scarlet Fever, Polio and TB were rife when she was a child and one of her childhood friends died of undiagnosed appendicitis. We have been living in a fool's paradise for many years but now we have come back down to earth with a bump.
I think that goes for a lot of us here David!

Yes Parazine, not only medicine but I guess most of us here are privileged not to have been packed off to a war somewhere. You don't know what you've got till it's gone...