The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 speed sunrise gearbox overhaul
I have reluctantly commenced the disassembly of my gearbox. However prior to heating the manual says to pry out the circlips on the rear of the box. The external circlip is in a recess so the is not enough room to expand to it to remove it. I am wondering if the wrong type of clip gas been fitted, it is a rectangular section clip, see photo. Does any have any solution to remove this awkward clip.
On a 4spd g/box there is no need to remove any of the bearing circlips, after removing the layshaft the gear cluster will drop clear of the mainshaft gears heat the front of the box around the front bearing (I use a plumbing gas torch or a heat gun) to release the first motion shaft. then heat the rear around the bearing and tap the front end of the mainshaft to release the rear bearing from the case. Terry.
Note the original circlips had pointed ends, some of the circlips supplied with new bearings won't fit into the case so use the old circlips.
Many thanks for the advice. That will get me going again.