The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby maroon colour
At the moment I can’t find anyone to match my maroon.
Realise the paint could be anyone’s  choice BUT SOMETHING close would be a start
and I could assemble the body.
Any ideas how I could achieve a close match ?

Regards
               Tim
By sending a sample of the paint to a supplier such as myself you could achieve a near exact match I would imagine.
And referring to the other thread on Turquoise, you could get back to the original shade, as Craftmaster will have that matched from the original Belco/Austin swatches...
Thanks Adam
What sort of sample could you manage with.
Also what’s the minimum quantity I could order ?
I had a maroon car that needed a small amount of touching in, I didn't want to scrape off a flake to send for a match and was looking round to find a close colour on anything. I then remembered I had a can of MG Engine paint...maroon. It was an absolutely perfect match!
David
Minimum order for specials is 1 litre.

We need a sample of 1inch square and flat as a minimum.

We have in the past taken parts of cars and got them to the factory. I am always uneasy doing this as there is a risk of loss. Ideally they get sent with a rep but all rep's are confined to barracks currently!
If you just want a small amount to touch up, you could investigate 1970s Fiat Amaranth, but beware, there are several different shades of Amaranth!

Many years ago I had this Ruby:

.jpg   1969 Ashgate Road.800.jpg (Size: 167.65 KB / Downloads: 168)

I was able to get an exact match for the original maroon from the area under the wings badge on the radiator grille, and Fiat Amaranth fitted the bill. The end result was in my opinion spot on:

.jpg   Image10.800.1.jpg (Size: 145.63 KB / Downloads: 168)

Unfortunately there was severe corrosion on the roof where the original owner had wrapped the car in blankets before abandoning it in the garage for twenty years, so a couple of years later i had to respray it. Amaranth was duly ordered and applied, only to discover that it was a completely different colour:

.jpg   1974 at Martin Chatterton's with Jenny Mitchell.800.jpg (Size: 239.27 KB / Downloads: 168)
It's Fiat Amaranto I think, not Amaranth. Very dark maroon that can look all but black in some lights. I was looking at a Chummy painted in the colour last week.

Steve
I can vouch for Adam's matching. I would only say be careful that the part you provide is representative e.g. if paint has faded choose a bit which was covered up thus closer to original. Unless you like the faded version better...
You're probably right, Steve, it was fifty years ago!