The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
bantam turbo
Yes it's still alive ..  In January on the dyno  (in car )  , 76 HP @ 6000 ,  68 # torque and still climbing ..   The engine has been out for upgades ,   Total Seal rings  (a 2 part second ring )  ,   new rod bearings  (std. )  ,  rods resized for  1.5  thou.  clearance .   new rod bolts ,   ARP 7/16" head studs ,   top of block skimmed .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

<p><br></p>
76 hp...I hope you have a modern crank in it!
Cor! 
Reminds me of the old adage.
"How much power can I get?"
"How much do you want to spend!"
I recall getting 140 bhp out of a 1588cc Ford Lotus twincam....only 25 or so horses over standard and that brought tears to my eyes!
Looks fantastic.
Much admiration, just looked again at the photos..... I have heard of driving in bare feet, but not engine rebuilding.......
David Harrison
Hadley crank and rods ,  the best crank ever  !!   80# oil at crank nose  , bottom of crankcase to block stud support .. It has turned 7800 once ,  72 to 75 in first and second  all the time ,  looking to go 7000 or more  in 3 and 4 .   STEVE

.jpg   DSCN2807.JPG (Size: 122.7 KB / Downloads: 662) It's over 100 degrees every day now .  Putting case and block together today , maybe some rods and pistons .   It all goes quite slow , make it right now , it pays later ..  The pistons are coated with ceramic on top ,  Microslick on sides .  Ceramic on valve tops and combustion chamber also ,  Microslick on valve stems , followers , inside follower guides , rod bearings .   STEVE   I'm also putting my '37 OPAL   Roadster together for the street .

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCN2808.JPG (Size: 121.52 KB / Downloads: 649)
<p><br></p>
That looks good. Surprised that the block hasn't been relieved.
The transfer area is in  the head , relieve wouldn't help ..  Flow around valves and to piston is most important . Plug is over valves so flame travels to piston with all it's expansion developing over piston .  It's all about how hard  the piston is driven down  ..   STEVE
<p><br></p>
HI STEVE,
Sounds like you are getting It dialed in nicely,
JUST one question you look to be using Single valve springs did you have them made or are they off the shelf items, If you dont wish answer this next bit thats fine, At full lift how many FT LB is on the Spring.

Cheers Colin
NZ
Questions are good ,   45# seated  ,  90# at .300+ lift .   Crower brand  off shelf , spacer washer in old spring hole ,   titanium retainer cut down to fit spring ,  spring is wider than original  , small relief on block  ,   Ford Zetec valves ,    smaller and longer  stems  and tiny keepers .    Lifters shorter on top  and drilled lighter ,    no lock nut ,   adjuster shortened with smaller top  (10 mm. wrench ) ..     Look at  cam degree wheel intake closing number  (approx.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

<p><br></p>
Thank you, Steve, info appreciated.

Regards,

Stuart
You want to be sure the steam hole between center exhaust at top of block is clear all the way down ..  Easily restricted , I didn't notice until the dyno run , it showed up , goes deeper than you might imagine .  Hottest spot in the block  .       OK ,, SO EVERY THING I SAY IS MY OPINION , DOESN"T MAKE IT  SO ..    STEVE
<p><br></p>