The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door frame
Hi I have an austin7 ruby saloon 1938 and am looking for dimensions of the front door wood work
This is a labour of love for a friend who can't afford the money for replacement parts so I want to make them from scratch.
A
It will be very difficult to get accurate dimensions because the mark 2 Ruby doorframe is possibly the most complicated assembly in any model of seven, incorporating some compound curvature in parts and several different interlocking components. I know I have a vested interest in so much as I am a supplier of these parts but unless you are incredibly confident with woodwork I would humbly suggest buying a replacement set will save a great number of headaches. I think the cost of the parts would be offset by the sheer amount of time you would spend trying to work out what was going on in the minds of the Austin bodywork department 82 years ago!
Commercial here, sorry!

£199.00 +p&p is not a lot for the work involved!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have no vested interests here but am fairly confident around wood, and looking at Martin's photo carefully that looks like £199 well spent to me.
I'm sure it is. Then it seems to me that Richard wants to offer his WORK to his friend, maybe not £200 ! But I'm interfering here...
I'm quite sure you are right Renaud & not interfering at all! If Richard has the time and patience I wish him every success & I do hope someone will be able to help him with a drawing or a pattern to work from.