The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIRTUAL RALLIES
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to draw your attention to 2 events coming up in July (5th and 12th). These are 'virtual' or 'tabletop' navigational rallies. I took part in one of these very recently, and it was a lot of fun (although we weren't very successful). These events have replaced the planned real life versions.

To get the details, please visit www.inter-register.org.uk/events.htm.

The inter-register club is a fantastic organisation, combining many clubs' navigational events, such as the PWA7C and the 750mc, along with MG, Humber, Jowett etc. The virtual rallies are a perfect way of practicing for the real thing, without the pressure of driving at the same time.

I am always amazed at the lack of A7s on these events. Although I use the pace of my car as an excuse, it is actually very good for the events, being much happier than massive Sumbeams etc. driving down the small lanes (sometimes at night) and easier to park.

Hope to see you at events in the future.

All the best,
Colin
Hmm, perhaps as a regular Inter-Reg competitor I would be getting an email in due course, but thanks for letting us know.

Bob Blackstock's "virtual" Cotswold was the first of the alternative nav rallies, followed by table tops from the VSCC. All good fun, and hopefully keeping the brain in gear. Let's hope we don't get too used to use of google, calculators, maps on ipads and other computer skills that would be shameless cheating.

Colin, you invariably carry off the award for the car travelled furthest to the event. The Sevens tend to be usual suspects, some well known on the forum, step forward Andy Fox, and Scuderia Bradshaw. Pace is not desperately important compared with the gradually achieved skills of plotting and navvying. Having said that, the times when the creaking Ruby is driven most vigorously are when the minutes are ticking away and a couple of CPs have yet to be visited. I would be amazed if a Seven ever managed penalties for reaching a time control early.

There seems to be hope of hillclimb and circuit events reviving, but the Welsh GB Rally planned for late October is cancelled. Spectator free meetings behind closed doors at secure venues may resume, but hopes for events such as the VSCC Welsh Scatter are pretty slim. Fear not, if we can't torture you on the roads of Radnorshire, we will have fiendish clues and questions ready for your kitchen table!