The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TYPE 65 / NIPPY TRAFFICATORS
Morning all, would someone please tell me how big the trafficator boxes were on the sports models or ref number. Thinking of fitting an offside to my 7 Nip.
Regards RPM
Good morning. The trafficators fitted to A7's were Lucas 'Little Trafficators'  model number SE26. The boxes are 8" high x 1" wide x 15/8 deep.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
I've got a 65 without trafficators and an RP which has them. I am not sure about this, but my feeling is that modern drivers do not necessarily notice the RP's trafficators, and so I make my right turns very obvious by sticking my arm out and moving
towards the centre of the road.
I think most drivers who are not texting or taking the lid off their coffee are focussed only on the rear of the car in front. 
For left turns I do the correct anticlockwise circling of the right arm, but if she's there I'll usually ask the boss to stick her left arm out, which seems to get the message across.
Of course your decision to fit trafficators may be based solely on aesthetics, in which case the above does not apply.
I suspect the majority of modern motorists don't know what a semaphore indicator is, nor a hand signal for that matter.
If they are fitted with a flashing LED that might help to make it more obvious. Terry
Terry's suggestion is a good start. However many younger drivers have never had the subtlties of hand signals explained nor the use of semaphore indicators which are usually mounted where they are not expected to be by these less experienced drivers. With the Chummy we do still use hand signals with yellow wrist bands so that they are more noticeable, but on the Ulsteroid and our vintage Riley we have flashing indicators. Because the rear lamps are non original they have amber lenses for thre indicator, but with the use of double pole bulb holders the fronts are equipped with amber flashing LEDs and white LED sidelight from the same 'bulb' behind clear lenses, so they look normal old fashioned except on close inspection.
Thanks, Stuart, For the rest of the suggestions, think I will get one of them big sponge hands with a pointy finger.
Rpm
Morning all, would someone please tell me how big the trafficator boxes were on the sports models or ref number. Thinking of fitting an offside to my 7 Nip.

Regards RPM

Hi,
I've just sent you a private message which may be of help to you RPM.
Best wishes,
Nick
I'll apologise in advance for this intrusion but, I couldn't resist chipping into the discourse on trafficator arms.
Watch the little attached video of a Scammell Pioneer 6X6 Heavy Recovery Tractor.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sca...&FORM=VIRE

Ignore The RAF livery on this one, our REME detachment always had drab olive versions. As you will see, these are not Dinky toys, 2 MPG on tarmac less off road. My point is look towards the rear of the cab, Near Side you will see the beginnings of a white metal trafficator arm with a red flash on it. This was activated by a sliding rod on the inside rear of the cab and it was not illuminated. It was judged to be OK on 1950 roads!!! However, it wasn't the sort of beast that private car drivers chose to mess with.
I was intrigued by the video following, showing the broadside recovery and fitting of a cast track to a Churchill tank. Fascinating!