The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
BOX SALOON DOOR CATCH
Hi, Guys another request if I may. I have received Chris Gould's publication on how to make door catches for the Austin Nippy, only need to make one drivers side mechanism.
In the Instruction, it states to obtain box saloon catches as a doner.
Can someone post a picture of box saloon catch so I know what I'm looking for? Unless of course, someone out there has a proper door catch with or without the chrome cover that I could buy.
I looked on the internet but couldn't find a picture of saloon catches.
Regards RPM
Here you go. From my RP saloon:

Off side

Near side

Please excuse the junk on the end of the bench!
Thanks, David very kind of you to take the trouble for me, now I can see how that could be worked into a sports lock and what I'm looking for. Will put a wanted add hoping someone has one sitting in a box.
Regards Rob RPM
You are most welcome, Rob, Happy Hunting!
While the photo is there note that by drilling thru the G spaced piece into the nain part and inserting a nail the door is locked.
(10-06-2020, 09:12 PM)Bob Culver Wrote: While the photo is there note that by drilling thru the G spaced piece into the nain part and inserting a nail the door is locked.

I have simply fitted commercially available locking exterior door handles.
On the passenger side, I just have a rectangular piece of wood that pivots on a screw, which is off centre (towards the bottom), that turns upwards and sits under the G shaped piece and prevents it from turning...
Good morning. If you are still looking for a n/s box door catch send me an email to stuart.joseph@btinternet.com, please do not use the forum's pm system. I have one available with a re-chromed internal lever.

Regards from the creative county, Staffordshire

Stuart
Thanks Stuart.I will send you a message over the weekend, due to being at work Friday and Saturday both 12 hour shifts.
Thank You so much for replying.
Regards Rob