The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PWA7C = 750MC?
I trust that your letter of resignation was in good old Anglo-Saxon!
Youm  roit thur my cocker.
nortius maximus,  Big Grin

welease woger  Huh

if not woderick.
Any one thinking of a national Austin 7 club should look at the current machinations of the VMCC (vintage motor cycle club) to see why it can be a bad idea. The Association as an umbrella to the independent clubs seems idea. And yes I am a member of both 750MC and PWA7C and fully support the move. Best wishes to all in these difficult times.
There seems to have been some confusion generated over the link to the voting. The 'tinyURL' address does not work for some people.

If you want to cast your vote use this: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6LX2XDM

I believe voting closes this evening.
(11-06-2020, 07:57 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: nortius maximus,  Big Grin

welease woger  Huh

if not woderick.

He does what in Wome?
The present set-up of A7 Clubs, Groups and Registers - some very large, and some very small, covering the UK from side to side and top to bottom, (more or less) is surely a healthy sign of a great enthusiastic assembly of hobbyists, each doing their own thing, locally and generally successfully, and which has survived some sixty or seventy years. Add to that the many strong and long-established overseas Clubs and Groups and you have a worldwide powerful network of owners.
In the event of, say, one of the UK groups failing - for whatever reason - the remainder would still be strong and would continue. The formation of a National 'Club' might (almost certainly would) risk damaging the pride which members/owners take in their local group being lost. This may seem a somewhat biased, even parochial view, but as things stand with the A7CA still standing watch over all, as a good mother hen should, why even consider change?

I remember when I first joined the 750MC in 1977 that I could not understand why the National Rally was at Beaulieu, etc etc and did not then fully grasp the Seven ethic. I resigned after a few years, as there was no branch of the 750MC (nor any other) within convenient reach in order to form, with an A7 mate, a pub meeting locally which catered for any 'interesting' (in the owner's opinion) car on the basis of No Committees, No Rules, No Subs, No Politics and No personalities. It is still running very well some thirty plus years later...
I'd suggest it best to leave well alone, and, 'if it ain't broke - don't fix it'.

It is the heroic little car itself, and the enthusiasm of owners worldwide, whose loyalty to the model which appears to be beyond question which is the factor which unifies all, no matter where in the country, the U.K or indeed across the world.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
If people are talking about a 'national club' in the context of the 750MC/PWA7C proposal, that is most definitely not on the cards, has not been contemplated, and is not any part of the proposal.
I joined the PWA7C when the lockdown was on and nearly every month I have been chasing the magazine which never gets delivered in time. The excuse last month was my postcode but I had put my full address on the e mail I sent the month before. Not really impressed with the PWA7C and im not chasing it this month if AUG mag doesn't turn up then I'm just going to cancel membership and be done with. A simple address postcode check could have sorted it if that was the case we shall see what happens this month.
Mine arrived yesterday