The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The only Austin 7 I regretted selling
Anyone recognise it? It's on the DVLA but not on the chassis register...

There were 2 of these bodies for sale on NZ Trademe recently. They were in pretty rough condition. I think it said they were made by Ashley Laminates - does that sound right?
Ivan
have you posted on the 50s Specials FB page - most likely place for it to turn up?
Yes - it is an Ashley. It was beautifully constructed (not by me), it even had a hard top. But at the time, I was living in a small Victorian terraced cottage and running the Box saloon as my daily driver. I lost my storage for this and it had to go. Sold it to a young chap who lived round the corner and never saw it again. That would have been in the early 80s..
Nice one Hugh.
I like the Ashley - there was a rough one for sale recently.
It really was beautifully finished and had taken a huge amount of effort to build. I bought it from the chap who built it whose wife I met as she was running a training session I had to attend. Somehow, Austin Sevens came up in conversation and she said my husband has one in his garage and the rest, they say, is history...

The DVLA record shows some activity in 1993. Maybe a date of sale? It hasn't been taxed since 1988 which was after when I sold it..

Relive your youth, Hugh - only £15,000 even if does need work!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1206918

.jpg   ashley.jpg (Size: 116.87 KB / Downloads: 181)

It's even got the hardtop:

.jpg   ashley 2.jpg (Size: 138.62 KB / Downloads: 181)
Yes, I had seen that. I much prefer the 'before' version!!
Gosh Fibreglass Specials are Silly Money,

I would not pay £ 7000 for a ruby special. however shiny. ( I used to own an Ashley Special 1934 based )

Its the same money as a Nippy and nowhere near as nice.