The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving mirrors
Does anyone have a pair of door mounted driving mirrors for sale. My RN has a drivers door one but I need either a similar one for the passenger one or a new matching pair. As I’ve got older I can’t twist round to see as good as I used to!
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
For my Ruby I bought 2 from a cherished supplier (I think they all do them) The type that clamp over the door hinge. I threw away the door clip and filed down the end of the round steel rod that goes between the door and mirror until it was the same diameter as the door hinge pin. I put a few threads on the end to take a nut then removed the hinge pin And replaced it with the mirror or stay and did up the nut.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Desmo A post mirrors for a purer vintage style or these if you don't want to spend as much
I fitted those mirrors to my RP - very happy with them:

[Image: 200508-01Hilda1.jpg]
(06-06-2020, 12:18 PM)Pearls not a Singer Wrote: Desmo A post mirrors for a purer vintage style or these if you don't want to spend as much

There are also these https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/produc...val-mirror slightly cheaper repro Desmo from the same suppier with convex glass.
Cheers

Mark
+1 for the Desmo type for me as well. Have them on two of my cars. Excellent and look the part.

Steve
Given that my car was restored in the late sixties, I suspect that the Desmo driving mirror fitted to the off side may be a genuine one.
Whilst discussing mirrors, it may be worth considering the position of the mirrors. If you are using hand signals, your arm can block out the view in the mirror if they are too low. No such problem if you are using indicators.
Desmo mirrors on my Box are very good.
All the best,
Colin
I have Desmo mirrors, they work very well. The driver's side is an original that I found on ebay, the passenger side reproduction. The plating is much better on the original.

I have them low down because that is where I look for them in modern cars. Contemporary pictires show them close to the top of the screen.

Jim
What a glorious spot Jim. Where is it?