The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
123-Ignition distributor for A7
Does anyone has any experiance with the 123-ignition distributor for Austin Seven.
They offer one with bluetooth for setting up the ignition timing curve via App.

https://www.123ignition.de/123-ignition-...n-usb.aspx

best regards
Oliver
No experience of them at all and at 449 euros I doubt very much that I ever shall ! (and I hope it comes with the correct drive gear - not as in the photos)

(I do run an Accuspark electronic unit and can confirm that it is extraordinarily sensitive to correct adjustment - unlike an original distributor which tolerates quite a wide range of advance/retard)
Saw those a while ago and would love to have one to experiment with - but like Nick I find it a bit out of my price range.

Plus I wonder if settings worked out on this unit could successfully be applied back to the original DK4.
These are for VW Beetles and the like. Someone looks to have got hold of the idea that they fit Sevens. They will, of course, but not until they've been modified to fit and had the correct drive gear fitted. At the sort of money they're asking, I'd have thought that would all have been already done (although it does say 'In Produktion' so, maybe, when they are produced they'll include the required modifications and drive gear). I'm afraid that if you think that you need a unit with Bluetooth to set up the timing curve, perhaps Austin Sevens aren't really for you.

Steve
Those drive gears in the photos ( if you can call it a gear) look to me like the type of drive fitted to many Lucas distributors in the 60s and 70s in particular the early Austin Seven Mini.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Vary the timing with an App on your phone? This is the perfect answer for any A7. After all, any Seven is best conducted with one hand lightly holding the wheel with the other free to do what you will with it - including holding a phone. Thus on combinations of hills, flats, headwinds and tailwinds, you could play with the timing and the dwell, etc, to your heart's content and save the results. With the App connected to GPS and weather forecasts, each time a journey was repeated, the best performance would be guaranteed. On the other hand....so to speak...
Those with manual advance already have all those facilities. It would not require much effort to adapt a lawnmower throttle control, or a choke cable from another car as a manual override.
(03-06-2020, 06:17 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Vary the timing with an App on your phone? This is the perfect answer for any A7. After all, any Seven is best conducted with one hand lightly holding the wheel with the other free to do what you will with it - including holding a phone. Thus on combinations of hills, flats, headwinds and tailwinds, you could play with the timing and the dwell, etc, to your heart's content and save the results. With the App connected to GPS and weather forecasts, each time a journey was repeated, the best performance would be guaranteed. On the other hand....so to speak...

All the while running over the odd pedestrian  Big Grin
(04-06-2020, 12:33 AM)Tony Press Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 06:17 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Vary the timing with an App on your phone? This is the perfect answer for any A7. After all, any Seven is best conducted with one hand lightly holding the wheel with the other free to do what you will with it - including holding a phone. Thus on combinations of hills, flats, headwinds and tailwinds, you could play with the timing and the dwell, etc, to your heart's content and save the results. With the App connected to GPS and weather forecasts, each time a journey was repeated, the best performance would be guaranteed. On the other hand....so to speak...

All the while running over the odd pedestrian  Big Grin
..or colliding with a Telsa - the drive of which is attempting to adjust the sunroof opening by running his finger across a giant computer screen.
Well, lets get back to the initial question, Its an electronic ignition with variable timing. You can set predefined curves or program your own. The distributor fits, the pic on the website is just a default pic.
I have one car with an original lucas distrubutor and one car with a bosch. Both work well, i was just interessted to know whether anyone has tested the 123-ignition and how it worked...
I wasnt aware this this was such a stupid question.