The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hub puller specs
Hi
Trying to remove (slightly buckled) rear hub on my ‘37 Ruby.
My hub puller has seen better days and has stripped some of its threads. The hub itself looks as if it should clean up with a thread file and then I  could  use a clean nut to Finish off and possibly bolt a flange on for a standard puller.
I can’t work out what the thread is it seems to be 20tpi and about 1 1/4” diameter. 
Would someone let me know what the thread is ( and possibly point to a source for a nut)
Thanks in advance
Ian
I believe, from memory, that the hub puller thread is  1 3/8 x 16TPI . If I could find my die for that thread I could confirm but, I can't just put my hands on it!!
If you can catch "squeak" from NZ who posts on here he will deny or confirm because he was instrumental in ordering a batch of dies to suit, one of which I bought and have subsequently mislaid.!
Yes, the die I have here for restoring hub threads is 1 3/8 x 16TPI.
thanks for the confirmation Colin.
Thanks for the information, do you know where I could get a die or a nut .?
Also what is the name of the thread , I thought it could be UNEF but it doesn’t quite. match,
if I knew I could possibly order online or ask my ( engineer) son to investigate.
I am in socially distanced South Yorkshire.
Tracy Tools in Torquay have them
(02-06-2020, 09:19 PM)Viteran Wrote: Thanks for the information, do you know where I could get a die or a nut .?

Carbon steel die available here.
https://www.tracytools.com/taps-and-dies...ct_id=1184

(02-06-2020, 09:19 PM)Viteran Wrote: Also what is the name of the thread , I thought it could  be UNEF but it doesn’t quite. match,

Whitworth Form (WF) threads all use a 55 degree thread angle; all UN threads use a 60 degree thread angle.
If your hub puller has damaged internal threads, they can often be restored by parting off the offending end threads in a lathe.
As others have said Tracy tools has provided the correct die nut for the hub, also David Cochrane had some.
Ian thanks for the referral, I live in Queensland, when the lockdown is relaxed you are most welcome to visit, cheers