The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of Lockdown - and on the way to the beach...
I wonder if retreival of hat was a legitimate excuse for stopping on motorways? 
Most seem dressed for serious motoring.
Hoods are down despite not summer clothing.
“Papa! Le plus de vitesse s’il vous plait. Ce n’est pas une Quadrilette”

I have just spent 2 hours mowing lawns. It is unbearably tedious unless have something to think about. So I cast my mind back to a 3rd form French class I was conned into well over 60 years ago.
The product of 2 hours multi tasking.
(02-06-2020, 08:49 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Turned round? There must have been some effort in righting the Restaurant signboard?
Here we go; a left-hand drive Chummy:

Attached Files
.jpg   left-hand.jpg (Size: 392.98 KB / Downloads: 157)
Hi Tony
The results of your frittered time are more impressive then mine.
Incredible though it may seem, at the end of intial lockdown we had queues like that for MacDonalds!
Are they fleeing the 1918 flu? Note the trio in rear of yellow tourer. They reckon the rear seat of fast tourers was especially buffeted.
Could the red bonnet be a Hotchkiss and the yellow a Hispano?
I thought the red car looked like a Minerva, and I agree the yellow one is probably an Hispano; there's a blue Renault further back, too. And now Tony's turned the picture round, the chummy is obviously a Dixi!
(03-06-2020, 10:46 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Hi Tony
The results of your frittered time are more impressive then mine.
Incredible though it may seem, at the end of intial lockdown we had queues like that for MacDonalds!
Are they fleeing the 1918 flu? Note the trio in rear of yellow tourer. They reckon the rear seat of fast tourers was especially buffeted.
Could the red bonnet be a Hotchkiss and the yellow a Hispano?
Mike beat me to it - though I've no idea myself about the makes. I was going to say, ask Mike Costigan, he can recognise the make, model and year of a car as it flashes by on the motorway, at night, in the pouring rain (and I'm not kidding....).
Only if it was built before the 1930s  Big Grin
Here’s the AllAlloyCup visiting our local beach , last year.
5 mins down the lanes from our cottage.

A favourite spot of Ruairidh and his family too.
Great coastal walks to StAbbs and Eyemouth.

The Polis however has put up signs at the beach saying
car Park for locals only I’m afraid but all welcome
Once we get rid of this virus.

Bill G

Near the Scottish Border( coming soon!)

.jpeg   4DDBF6DD-DCBA-487F-B66F-01707F315D5E.jpeg (Size: 113.2 KB / Downloads: 110)
.jpeg   4568D264-1027-4E06-8A03-585F867CD576.jpeg (Size: 148.42 KB / Downloads: 110)
Based near the Scottish Border,
Doesn't '5 minutes down the lane' qualify you as a local?
Hi Mike
Agreed Minerva more likely.
On Youtube some Pom went around our Smash Palace collection. He knew all the model gradations of 1970s cars whereas  I did not even know what make they were. But the dead obvious early 50s, 40s and earlier remnants had him. 
The driver of the green car is doing what I now tend to do at traffic light stops.
It is an excellent picture as shows accurately how motorists dressed for out of town running.
It is a well heeled crowd, or did they not sell Model Ts in France? Here any postwar gathering of even tjhe most wealthy farmers would have some Ts amongst the Buicks and Hudsons.