The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodgrain on Ruby dashboards (again!)
I've spent some time experimenting with printing the grain on Ruby dashboards. This is using my own artwork and matching colours to an original dashboard - it's not vinyl wrapped. I'm now happy with the result and can replicate it fairly reliably, though it is quite a time-consuming process. 

If anyone is interested for future restorations let me know:  peter@invermodels.co.uk

That is spectacular work Peter, not too shiny and with a touch of 1930s radiogram...perfect!
Impressive handwork; very well done.
Fabulous work Peter, as ever!
Wow that is truly cosmic - that is the best restoration I have ever seen.
I am sure you will get requests.
Wow!

Ha ha, apparently 'Wow!' alone is too short to post!
Really excellent workmanship!!
Never cease to be amazed by the 'Repair Shop' skills shown here.
the dash on my mk1 pearl cabriolet is painted some kind of light brown should it be wood grain the same as ruby saloons regards to all Rob.
Hi Rob,

Most Mk1s had a dash that was an integral part of the bodyshell which wouldn't have been wood-grained (presumably sprayed black). Some early Mk1s apparently had an extra panel (screwed over the top of the integral one) which was grained. Two screws at each end beside the door pillar indicate that it has a cover panel.

See previous discussion here: https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...Dashboards

Peter.