The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag links from Tony Betts
Just wanted to say thanks to Tony for supplying some new Drag Links.  Tony might be too modest to say, but it's obvious that during this dreadful coronavirus period some of the manufacturers have continued to supply our cherished suppliers and although the market dictates what we need and what we get it's worth remembering that now is the time to support our cherished suppliers if we can possibly manage it.  I have ordered one of the drag links for a project and it looks to be really good value...

Just sayin'

Damian.
Tony and other suppliers have continued to post out parts & supplies - throughout. As I said in an earlier thread, "thank you all"!
I recently enquired of Tony of a sunvisor, he was very busy and it was a few days before he sent me pics and prices on two options. No bother I thought about things and didn't really want to spend too much, so I sent him an email to enquire if there was any chance of a little reduction in price? But then I had second thoughts and realised that I was being unfair in even asking, here he was stocked with stuff that he had been accumulaing over time and investing in order that we could have access to the bits and bobs that we would want and need over time. I very very quickly sent him another email reversing my stupid request for discount and offering to buy at the quoted price. Tony was magnaminous in his reply and grateful that I realised his worth. I ordered and paid and within a few days received the most superb sunvisor that fitted perfectly and enhanced the features of RN. I for one hugely value that our suppliers give us. Thanks to all that I use, even though not too often.
Thanks guys.
Peter
Reserved one with Tony earlier. I spent some while raiding my spares and managed to make up a good 
one out of about 5 or so and spent all day doing it .
Had vowed next time to use round alloy bar with spherical bearings, no need now.
Top marks Tony, another satisfied repeat customer.

Spread the word guys I can’t see these hanging around, re the nyloc nuts, if you don’t them em 
don’t use em, simples.
thank you all.

thank you damian, for bringing the draglinks to everyones attension.

i cant explain everything.

but although i have been very busy sorting everyones orders over the last two months. which helps finance future projects.

due to covid 19 we have not all been so fortunate.

i often here people say what happened to all those little back street companies.

a small engineering company (father and son) ive used for 25 years, is one of those small companies.

for me, i could do without tackling some of the small projects at the momment for a lack of spare time.

but for small companies it keeps the lights on.

so i have been trying to put small orders there way, which frankly could do with being made for the austin 7 anyway.

as gene suggests, it usually takes 5 old draglinks to make one good one.

so far they have done some cheap valve chest covers, draglinks, and ulster wing brackets.

we have to remember when we loose these small companies, the next choice usually charges alot more. then the price goes up for everyone.

and peter, thank you. as per the email i sent. the ebay sales worked. and keep me on track for next years bargains.

thanks tony
I’m not going to suggest we all stand outside at 8pm on a Thursday evening to applaud our cherished suppliers, but in the past couple of weeks Tony has been an enormous help when I dropped my carb on the floor and smashed the fuel bowl, hunting through his stock for a replacement, which works a treat...and Jamie has helped keep the project on track with things like half shaft castle nuts, thanks all for helping us crack on in these crazy times!
Our cherished suppliers are worth their weight in gold. My pal has a 1935 MG and all parts he needed for a rebuild has cost him a fortune. We may not realise how well served we are.
Cheers,
Dave.
+1 to that. Parts I need have continued to arrive as normal these last few months and they need every bit of praise and support.

Early last year I took a photograph of all the component parts of my new long nose banjo rear axle and sent it to my Grandson saying that there's the best part of £1000 here. He was working restoring and repairing pre-war Rileys at the time (he's moved on to post war racing cars now) and his answer was that if it had been a Riley, it would have been four times that.

Use them or loose them.

Steve
Hi all, I to would like to thank Tony and all the other Cherished suppliers for all there work in this time of  lock down. S&P.
I’m reminded of a couple of years ago when I destroyed a far from standard camshaft and oil pump at Barbon Hillclimb. This was on a Saturday. Sunday I stripped the engine and made a couple of phoncalls. Parts arrived a Tuesday and the car was running again Thursday. I doubt if there’s many modern cars you could to that with. The Austin 7 support network is second to none.
Alan Fairless